Thursday, October 27, 2011

Breaking a Black Friday Myth

I saw an article on Deal News about them busting Black Friday myths. I wanted to bust one of my own for people that gets on my nerves. Ever hear the myth that the reason it is called Black Friday is that is the day a store will finally be "in the black" for the year? Yea, I've heard it a lot before and if you have an ounce of common sense, you'll know it's not true. Who would run their business so badly that by the end of the year they  finally make a profit? Here are some quarterly earnings for companies:

Wal Mart had operating income of $5.9 billion. Okay but what about someone else?

At the end of July 30, Gamestop had $30.9 million in net income.

Those are just two companies but can we please put to rest the idea that a company only makes money after Black Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment